APC coverage for contraceptives
Ascension Personalized Care may provide certain contraceptive coverage as a benefit of membership, at no cost to you when you use a pharmacy or doctor in your health plan's network.
Typically for most services involving contraceptive coverage, there is no co-pay, deductible, or coinsurance, even if your deductible or out-of-pocket maximum has not been met. Coverage for contraceptives can vary depending on the type of service being performed and can also include prescriptions including birth control pills and some over the counter products when prescribed by a physician. The following contraceptive items and services may be covered under the medical or pharmacy benefit without cost-sharing when provided by a pharmacy or doctor in your health plan's network; however, please note this list is not all inclusive and additional products may be covered at no additional cost.
One or more prescribed products within each of the categories approved by the FDA for use as a method of contraception which includes:
- • FDA-approved contraceptives available over the counter (i.e., foam, sponge, female condoms), when prescribed by a physician
- • The "morning-after" pill
- • Injections such as DEPO-PROVERA may be covered under the medical benefit
- • Medical devices such as an IUD, diaphragm, cervical cap, and contraceptive implants may be covered under the pharmacy or medical
- • Female sterilization, including tubal ligation and tubal implant
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Ascension Personalized Care customer service for additional information 833.600.1311.