Pregnancy and children
There are preventive care services for pregnant patients as well. Pregnancy-related screening tests include bacteria in urine, gestational diabetes, hepatitis B, iron deficiency anemia and postpartum depression. Pregnancy-related services include breastfeeding support, supplies and counseling and folic acid supplementation.
Infants, children and teen patients also have covered preventive care services.
• Developmental and behavioral screenings
• Hearing/vision tests
• Newborn and infant screenings
• Well-baby/well-child care
• Depression screenings
• Obesity screenings
• Lead exposure testing
• Immunizations including flu shot
• Sexually transmitted infection (STI) screening and counseling
• Tobacco & alcohol use counseling